Thursday, October 23, 2008

Things to do while watching the World Series

Christine's mom is coming to visit in a few days! Everyone is really excited. They guys know something is up with all of the cleaning going on, but I don't think they understand that Grandma B is coming.

While cleaning up the house, we found the cape for Ollie's Underdog that managed to get torn off. I figured what could me more manly to do during the World Series than a little sewing! So upstairs I went and retrieved my sewing box. Actually it isn't mine at all. It's my Grandma's. It's been nearly 10 years since she passed away, but I still don't feel like it's mine to claim.

And it's so much more than a sewing box. It's a time machine! The first thing that happens is when you open it, it smells like Grandma and Grandpa Moss' house. Then while you are looking for the right spool of thread, you see all these little boxes with ugly 70's buttons, cards with needles in them advertising companies long since out of business, and stuff that no one besides Grandma has any idea what it's for.

While I was sewing away, I realized how lucky I was to have my Grandparents around while I was growing up. So I'm really excited that Christine's Mom can make the trip. I think the dudes and Grandma B will have a lot of fun!

1 comment:

JAC said...

Welcome to this blog spot. I'm looking forward to your pictures and all the news from IL. Julia Crumley from San Angelo, TX